Occupational Health Services

  1. Spirometry Respirator Fit Testing

    Many different industries and job classes require use of a respirator to help reduce employee exposure to dangerous particulates and fumes in the workplace. OSHA recommends yearly spirometry testing for employees utilizing a respirator.

    FUTUTES REHAB, Inc.® has certified clinicians and technicians who preform both Spirometry and Respirator Fit Testing for our employer clients. Both in-clinic and on-site services are available to meet the needs of our employers clients.

    Spirometry testing helps identify any obstruction or restriction in the small/large airways of the lungs that may impact the employee’s ability to safely use a respirator. Spirometry may also help identify any sudden changes in an employee’s respiratory health to help facilitate appropriate medical interventions for the employee.

    Respirator Fit Testing helps ensure the employee is in the proper type, size of respirator to provide adequate protection. The technicians and clinicians will also inspect the respirator for any missing valves or parts, tears in the silicone/rubber areas, general cleanliness, and overall wear and tear ensuring the respirator is in good working order for the employee.

  2. Drug and Alcohol Testing

    We partner with employers to help create a safe working environment for the employees, the employer, and the public. Drug and alcohol testing programs can contribute to the reduction of employee injury, illness-related costs, medical care, sick leave, and disability benefit costs. The U.S. Department of Labor has reported that drug and alcohol abuse in the workplace causes 65 percent of on-the-job accidents and that 38 to 50 percent of all workers' compensation claims are related to the abuse of alcohol or drugs in the workplace.

    Employee drug and alcohol testing can be performed Post Offer/Pre-Hire as a part of the employers onboarding process. Testing may also be appropriate after an accident or incident, or when there is reasonable cause or suspicion.

    Drug and alcohol testing programs are a powerful tool against drug and alcohol use on the job. Employers who are testing for drugs and alcohol are committed to the health and safety of the industry and the employee.

  3. Vision Screenings

    Screenings are available for near vision, far vision and color vision available.

  4. Safety Education and Training

    Each job has risks which help define the safe work practices training required. Our highly trained staff provides employees with training and techniques to help them successfully execute their job to prevent repetitive and materials handling injuries.

    Safe Work Practices (SWP):

    An employee needs to understand safe work practices. After training employees would be demonstrate and be able to replicate good body mechanics during the execution of all work tasks. Micro-breaks, Stretch-Movement-Release techniques, and various inexpensive ergonomic interventions are also incorporated in to the training such that at the moment a discomfort or fatigue is experienced, the employee knows what to so to halt and reverse those symptoms.

  5. Ergonomic Assessment and Interventions

    In the USA nearly 40% of our day is spent at work, it is essential that employees are able to work pain free, thus maximizing their effectives and help boost their energy levels for the other 60% of their day. Likewise, home activities we engage in need to be performed considering appropriate ergonomic principles.

    Our Certified Ergonomic Assessment Specialists can provide onsite evaluations for work and home environments.

    Ergonomic recommendations and interventions often do not require purchasing expensive equipment. Small changes to a work or home environment can help prevent injury.

  6. OSHA/Injury Log Analysis and Review

    Injury log data is a beautiful guide to injury prevention. OSHA / Injury Logs analysis help identify areas of risk which would benefit from various injury prevention measures. What are the risks in a certain job or department? What are the direct and indirect costs? What injuries are reoccurring in a given position, department or shift?

  7. Employment Testing

    FUTURES REHAB, Inc. is a Certified Preferred Provider for ADA and FEHA compliant ABILITYusa Functional Employment Testing. Testing services include Post Off / Pre-Hire, Internal Transfers, Return-to-Work, and Fit-For-Duty.

    FUTURES REHAB, Inc. also provides a variety of other employment testing service protocols based on employer needs.