Empower leaders and employees to immediately report a musculoskeletal symptom when first experienced and TAKE REQUIRED IMMEDIATE ACTION!
EMPOWERMENT enables INJURY PREVENTION!
WHY IS FIRST SYMPTOM- EARLY INTERVENTION, WHICH REQUIRES IMMEDIATE ACTIONS, SO IMPORTANT?
- THE STATISTICS TELL US WHY.
- According to OSHA, Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSD’s) are among the nation’s costliest occupational health problems, and account for 1/3rd of all dollars spent on all workers’ compensation. Nationally 120 plus billion is spent for direct costs and up to 1100 billion for INDIRECT costs, like overtime for other workers, lost management productivity, and hiring and training replacement workers.
- 1.8 million workers are afflicted by Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI’s) per year: Almost 2 million US workers suffer from RSI’s like carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) and tendinitis.
- 600,000 workers take time off work each year to recuperate and treat their RSI. (Society of Human Resource Management)
- 1 in 50 workers has RSI symptoms: According to the Trades Union Congress (TUC). These numbers are even higher in industries like computer operations where the prevalence is as high as 1 in every 4 employees!
- The US Department of Labor reports an average of 34% of all lost workdays are due to work-related musculoskeletal disorders: The data collected by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) indicates that work-related RSI’s are the most common reason for lost or restricted work time.
- Per US Depart of Labor: Employees suffering from RSI are off an average of 23 days to recover, a staggering amount of time to recover compared to other types of injuries.
Ah, but these statistics do NOT need to be your organization’s statistics!
- Injuries can be prevented if leaders and staff are EMPOWERED to take immediate action and involve ABILITYusa clinicians to collaborate to preserve Musculoskeletal Health.
Implement FIRST SYMPTOM Safety Training and Intervention Protocols.
For every $1 spent on Musculoskeletal Health and Injury Prevention, companies get back up to $20+ in return, by preventing progression to injury.
WHAT ARE THE IMMEDIATE ACTIONS to TAKE?
- Develop company-wide protocols which will guide initiation of immediate response actions and Eempower program initiation for any first symptom, in coordination with internal safety reps and ABILITYusa.
WHAT RESULTS CAN BE EXPECTED FOLLOWING ABILITYusa INTERVENTIONS?
- Case experience:
When individuals who experience initial musculoskeletal symptoms are referred to receive safety training & pre-injury interventions, on average, progression to injury is prevented in 75% of cases.
- When first symptoms are reported later than when first experienced, success can be impacted.
- A First Symptom referred is an injury prevented.
- HEAD INJURIES OFF AT THE PASS